The roble had hit a record low after the West imposed sweeping sanctions on Russia for its aggression in Ukraine. Russia's president recently ordered exports of Russian gas to "unfriendly" countries to be settled in robles. The speaker of Russia's upper house of parliament said Moscow was prepared and could shift supplies to markets such as Asia if Europe refused to buy Russian energy.
European countries, which pay mostly in euros, say Russia has no right to reset contracts. The G7 rejected Russia's demand and urged companies not to agree to pay in robles, saying most contracts stipulated payment in euros or dollars. Wholesale gas prices in Europe have risen further recently on concerns about potential supply disruptions.
The Kremlin spokesman said, "According to the March 31 deadline set by Russia's president, we are developing all payment methods to get a simple, understandable, and feasible system for relevant European and international buyers,"
The markets and prices of more commodities like the Titanium Nitride powder would be affected because of the volatile international political situations.
Introduction to Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Titanium nitride, the chemical formula is TiN, is a golden cubic crystal. The molecular weight is 61.89. The melting point is 2950℃. The density is 5.43g/cm3.
Physicochemical Properties of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Titanium nitride is a synthetic ceramic material, extremely hard, and its hardness is close to diamond. Titanium nitride is chemically stable at room temperature but is attacked by hot concentrated acid and oxidized at atmospheric pressure of 800℃. It has the reflection characteristics of an infrared ray (IR), and the reflection spectrum is similar to that of gold (Au), so it is pale yellow.
Depending on the substrate material and the surface finish of the substrate, the relative friction coefficient of titanium nitride is about 0.4-0.9 (without lubrication). Its typical crystal structure is sodium chloride type (the relative stoichiometry of elements is about 1:1), and the thermodynamic stability coefficient X of TiNx complex is 0.6-1.2. The world's first super-insulating material is made from a thin film of titanium nitride cooled to near absolute zero, adding 100,000 units of insulation.
|Titanium Nitride TiN Powder Properties|
|Other Names||Tinite, TiNite, TiN powder, nitridotitanium|
|Appearance||golden brown powder|
|Solubility in H2O||insoluble|
Is titanium nitride stronger than steel?
When titanium is alloyed with other metals, such as aluminum or vanadium, it is significantly stronger than many steels. In strength, the best titanium alloys outperform the lower and middle grades of stainless steel. However, the highest-grade stainless steel is stronger than titanium alloy.
Titanium, however, has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any known metal. With the same strength as steel, titanium is 45% lighter.
Applications of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Can be used for powder metallurgy, as fine ceramic raw material powder, conductive material, and decorative material. Widely used in high-temperature resistance, wear-resistance and aerospace, and other fields. The material has good electrical conductivity and can be used as electrodes and electrical contact for molten salt electrolysis. It can also be used as an additive in hard-cutting tools. Specifically,
1. Titanium nitride coatings are widely used on metal edges to maintain the corrosion resistance of mechanical molds such as drills and milling cutters, often improving their life by three or more factors.
2. Because of its metallic luster, it is often used for clothing and car decoration. As the outer coating, usually nickel (Ni) or chromium (Cr) as the substrate, packaging pipes, and door and window hardware.
3. The coating is also used in aerospace and military applications, as well as protecting the suspension sliding surfaces of bicycles and motorcycles, and even the damping shafts of remote-controlled toy cars.
4. The material is non-toxic and meets FDA specifications, so it is also commonly used in medical devices, such as sharpening scalpel blades and orthopedic bone saws, or directly as implants (especially hip replacement implants) and other medical implants.
5. Titanium nitride films can be used in microelectronics as a conductive barrier between active devices and metal contacts. When the film is diffused into silicon metal, the conductivity (30-70μ ω ·cm) is sufficient to form a good conductive connection.
6. This special blocking metal also has the chemical or mechanical properties of a ceramic, a process used heavily in current 45nm chip designs to improve the performance of transistors. In the battery field, by combining titanium nitride with a gate dielectric layer (eg. HfSiO), the dielectric constant can be improved, the gate length can be scaled down, the leakage is lower, the drive current is higher, and the threshold voltage can be the same or better than standard SiO2.
7. The high biostability of the alloy extends the application of bioelectronic electrodes, such as the prosthesis project under the retina and the micro-electro-mechanical system (bio-mems) in biomedicine, which enables intelligent implants or in vivo biosensors to withstand severe humoral corrosion.
Main Supplier of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality titanium nitride TiN powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Is boron amorphous or crystalline?Boron can be prepared in several crystalline and amorphous forms. The well-known forms of crystallization are α-rhombohedral (α-R), β-rhombohedral (β-R) and β-tetragonal (β-T). In spec…
What is copper oxide?Copper oxide is an inorganic substance. Copper oxide chemical formula is CuO. It is a black oxide of copper. Slightly bisexual and slightly hygroscopic. Insoluble in water and ethanol, easily soluble in acid, thermally stable, de…
Expandable graphite or exfoliated graphite is made from the naturally occurring mineral graphite. The layered structure of graphite allows molecules to be inserted between the graphite layers. By adding acid, graphite sulfate can usually be converted…