Tungsten boride, also known as black powder, has the following physical properties: molecular Formula WB2, metal conductivity. Purity>99%
Particle size range: 10-20um
About Tungsten Boride WB2:
Tungsten-boride consists of tungsten (tungsten) and boron. They are characterized by their high hardness. Vickers hardness is 20GPa of WB2 and 30GPa of WB4 tungsten diboride.
Tungsten boride density is 10.77 and tungsten boride melting point is about 2900degC. It is not a degrader of water, but can degrade aqua regina.
The powders of boron, tungsten and other metals are heated at a high temperature.
Tungsten-boride possesses comprehensive properties including high melting points, high hardness, and chemical stability. It is a superhard, high melting-point material. This material is important for the military as it's bulletproof.
The rich phase diagrams of tungsten-alloys and the structure of the different phases have been changing for more than fifty years.
The highest boride (WB4) has a three-dimensional grid of boron molecules. We combine the thermodynamics stability with the principle calculation and study the thermodynamic properties and mechanical properties.
The highest boride for identifying tungsten should not be WB4, which is composed of grids of three-dimensional boron-atom grids, but WB3, composed of plane boron-atom grids in two dimensions. The borate system for tungsten's shear modulus was found to change the energy of its formation. It was found that mechanical properties were closely related to thermodynamic stability.
A high-temperature, high-pressure sintering process is used to achieve the dense tungsten diboride due to WB2's free diffusion coefficient. This reduces the amount of tungsten diboride and increases its cost.
The boron content in tungsten and the boron powder is not easily measurable, so it's difficult to produce WB2 bulk materials from these powders.
It can also cause hypoborate to form during the sintering phase, and compact bulk materials with WB2 being the main phase will not be possible.
Please send us an email to receive the most recent tungsten boride price if you are interested in buying Tungsten Boride tungsten boride bulk.
How is Tungsten Boride WB2 produced?
1. After mixing and grinding the raw materials tungsten and boran, heat them and react above 1400°C to get tungsten boreide. Continue the reaction to form W2B. Cool and crush it to obtain the finished product.
2. Tungsten is combined with stoichiometric powder boron at a molar ration of W:B=2 to 1, and sintered under vacuum or in an argon atmosphere between 1200degC and 1300degC, to produce two tungsten bore.
3. Use the solid-phase method. Tungsten boride can be prepared by combining metal tungsten with boron. The reaction formula can be found below. The stoichiometric metal powder tungsten is mixed with elemental boron, then ground and molded. It is heated and reacted above 1400degC in order to produce tungsten Boride. Continue the reaction, resulting in W2B. The product is obtained by cooling and crushing the W2B.
Tungsten boride WB2 powder Feature
Tungsten boride powder Molecular formula: WB2
Tungsten boride powder CAS NO:12007-09-9
Tungsten boride powder density:10.77g/cm3
Tungsten boride powder melting point:2900
Tungsten Boride powder Solubility & Stability
It does not dissolve in water. 100 can be decomposed by chlorine gas.
Tungsten boride powder Purity: >99%
Tungsten boride powder Particle size: 10-20um
Applications Tungsten Boride
Wear-resistant layer for wear parts.
WB compounds exhibit high melting points, high hardness, good conductivity, wear resistance as well high temperature resistance and corrosion resistant. The compounds are also used for structural materials, wear resistant materials and electrodes. Materials and many other fields. Tungsten boride can be produced through the reaction between metal tungsten (metal tungsten) and element boron (element boron) heated in an electric oven. It has all the properties of the W-B series compounds, and it has a wide range of applications in the future.
1) Prepare a piece of work with a coating rich in tungsten and boron, consisting of a substrate for the workpiece, followed by a layer of tungsten, a layer of tungsten-boride gradient, and finally a coating of tungsten-boride. In the direction that the thickness of the layer of tungsten increases, the boron concentration of the layer of tungsten-boride gradient gradually increases.
2) To produce a bulk tungsten Diboride material, the method uses a high temperature sintering method under a protective atmosphere. This method is used first to synthesize the tungsten Diboride powder using high purity tungsten (W), and boron powder (B). This method is able to obtain compact tungsten-diboride bulk material by sintering at normal temperatures and pressure. The prepared tungsten Diboride Bulk Material has several excellent properties including good stability, hardness and neutron absorption. It can be used for a wide variety of purposes, including cutting tools, corrosion-resistant material, and new shielding material.
Storage condition of Tungsten-boride WB2 (Powder)
As the dampness will affect the WB2 dispersion and use effects, tungsten Boride WB2 Powder should be stored in a dry and cool room. WB2 powder must also not be exposed to stress.
Packing & Shipping tungsten boride powder WB2:
The quantity of WB2 powder and the type of packaging we use will determine which one is best for you.
Tungsten boride powder WB2 packing: Vacuum packaging, 100g,500g or 1kg/bag; 25kg/barrel. Or as per your request.
Tungsten boride powder WB2 shipping: Could be shipped by sea, air, or by express as soon after payment receipt.
Technology Co. Ltd., () is an established global chemical material manufacturer and supplier with more than a decade of experience. They provide high-quality nanomaterials such as boride powders, graphite or nitride particles, sulfide or sulfide particles, 3D-printing powders, etc.
You can contact us to send an inquiry if you are interested in high quality tungsten-boride powder. (firstname.lastname@example.org)